Modeling the principles of Excellence
“Baldrige’s Business Excellence and The Constructing Excellence 5-4-7 Model“
“Excellence” – what is it? How does the NZ Construction industry compare?
- The importance of management systems for business
- Effective tools and models
- Examples of what ‘Excellent Organisations’ are doing in NZ
- Industry Change programmes
- Common drivers of change applied to NZ Construction, key issues to address
- Case studies, The 5-4-7 model in action
- Examples of excellence.
What am I going to learn?
- Understand business as a management system and how its various components interact.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what ‘Excellence’ comprises (in both generic organisations and specific industry projects) and be able to cite examples from their own experience.
- Have and over view of effective models and how they can be used to assist organisations to diagnose their effectiveness.
- Describe the 5-4-7 model and how it can assist to develop excellence.
- Demonstrate an application of both models in order to carry out a broad analysis of the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats of an organisation.
For clients this course will give you the tools to improve your business excellence.
For consultants this course will give you the tools to improve your performance with the key outcomes being:
- More new work
- More repeat work
- Easier tenders
- More reasons for clients to come back
- Better performance out of your supply chain
- Improvement of your customer service
- Empowering your staff to take action and change behaviours
For maintainers (roads, water, civil, local authorities, etc) this course will give you the tools to understand which suppliers are worth using again and show you how to improve your quality indicators
Amanda Warren, Managing Partner of The Academy of Constructing Excellence NZ
Amanda is an experienced Consultant who is passionate about industry performance. She has delivered successful outcomes on a wide range of change programmes both in UK and New Zealand. She has been in NZ since 2004.
Amanda is currently Industry Chair of the Lean Construction Institute, LCI and is a leading expert in Lean Construction and Last Planner. She is also an expert in Benchmarking and runs the CCG National Benchmarking Programme.
She has been employed by or consulted to several major organisations including, NZTA, MBIE, AT, ANZ Bank, Naylor Love, Arrow International, Fletcher Construction, UK Government, BAA, Carillion and Skanska. She was employed as Operations Director for Mace Ltd (an award winning Project and Construction manager) for five years before moving to New Zealand.